Application for the JSFL 11th edition, Dec 2022 - July 2023
The selection process includes 3 stages:
Submission of project dossier by 5.6.2022 at 17:00 UTC
Projects selected for 2nd stage will be notified by early July
Projects selected for 3rd stage will be notified early September.
Selected filmmakers will be informed by mid-September. After selection, filmmakers will have 10 days to pay the 1000 Euro participation fee which will secure their place in the 2022 JSFL edition.
For application you will need:
1. Log line (40 words max.)
2. Short Synopsis (150 words max.)
3. Synopsis (3-5 pages)
4. Director's statement (1 pg. max.)
5. Director’s biography (1pg. max.)
6. Director’s filmography (1 pg. max.)
7. Producer's bio, filmography, company profile (2 pg max.)
8. A Vimeo link + password to one released previous work, directed by the applicant. Acceptable works include: narrative feature or short film, documentary film, TV series- one episode. Link and password must be online throughout the selection process, till mid Sept.
9. In the event that the story is an adaptation of a work by another creator, it is required to attach a rights clearance.
10. Production status: Overall budget, funds secured (if existing), participation in labs and development programs- a brief history of the project
11. High quality portrait photo of applicants
All materials must be submitted in English.
Before you apply, be sure to read: