Application for the JSFL 9th edition, Dec 2020-July 2021
The selection process includes 3 stages:
1. Submission of project dossier, by 31.5.2020 at 24:00.
Projects selected for 2nd stage:
2. Submission of full script, early July.
Candidates will have approx. 10 days from notification to submission of script, which means script must be ready in advance.
Israeli applicants submit their scripts in Hebrew.
Projects selected for 3rd stage:
3. Interview in Tel Aviv, early September.
Both writer/director & producer must be present at the interview.
Selected filmmakers will be informed by mid-September. After selection, filmmakers will have 10 days to pay the 1000 Euro participation fee which will secure their place in the 2021 JSFL edition.
For application you will need:
1. Log line (40 words max.)
2. Premise (100 words max.)
3. Synopsis (3-5 pages)
4. Director's statement (1 pg. max.)
5. Director’s biography (1pg. max.)
6. Director’s filmography (1 pg. max.)
7. Producer's bio, filmography, company profile (2 pg max.)
8. A Vimeo link + password to one released previous work, directed by the applicant. Acceptable works include: narrative feature or short film, documentary film, TV series- one episode. Link and password must be online throughout the selection process, till mid Sept.
9. In the event that the story is an adaptation of a work by another creator, it is required to attach a rights clearance.
10. Production status: Overall budget, funds secured (if existing), participation in labs and development programs- a brief history of the project.
11. High quality portrait photo of applicants.
All materials are submitted in Hebrew.
Before you apply, be sure to read: